Thursday, April 27, 2006

Problems with Oracle VMware

I've some performance problems with the Oracle VMware:
- I don't have enough memory in my laptop (see below picture), you can correct this by changing the memory settings (from 720MB to 640MB)
- I've also speedstep technology on my processor, which result in less performance when the (battery) power isn't full. This can be corrected by setting the below parameters. (see VMware KB)

Following changes I made in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware Workstation\config.ini :
--
prefvmx.useRecommendedLockedMemSize = "FALSE"
prefvmx.allVMMemoryLimit = "750"
prefvmx.minVmMemPct = "100"
host.cpukHz = 1700000
host.noTSC = TRUE
ptsc.noTSC = TRUE
--

So, I'm waiting for a bit more memory to test again. I hope I will discover the full potential of this Oracle VMware soon.

No comments: